The SBC-S series might possibly be the very best belt driven side entry mixer every built! Developed for Oil, Gas, and Chemical Terminal storage applications, the design comes from listening to how our customers that continue to struggle with our competitions’ mixers. Tried and tested initially in abusive Pulp and Paper applications, Fusion developed a design with reliability and ease of maintenance in mind. GIANT drive bearings inside of an independent bearing cartridge with hollow bore connection provide extreme support for the mixer shaft in abusive duty applications. Each bearing in our standard drive is rated for 40,900 lbs of radial loading!
For terminal specific applications, we combined the traditional swivel motion mixer on an API manyway mount with an innovative hydraulic drive swivel motor for ease of adjustment. No need to wire two motors or rely on a flimsy cable drive. Additionally, we have designed the mixer with a high quality FULL cartridge seal design with integrated leak detection port. Every single component of this mixer is well built. We didn’t set out to build the cheapest design…. We wanted the BEST design with the BEST value. Price point of this design is right in the middle of market price. If reducing downtime and maintenance work is important, this is the mixer for your application.
By creating this modular bearing design, we are able to use large bearings and eliminate removable coupling sets, which are the source of unwanted runout as the mixer ages. Additionally, the hollow bore design allows for engagement of a very solid shutoff device and removal of the bearing cartridge so periodic service can be done in the workshop / tool room instead of on the mixer. Additional bearing cartridges can be sold separately for quick swaps in the field and minimal downtime. Never have to hammer in replacement bearings again! Check out our maintenance videos on YouTube today.
- Pivot motor design for easy belt tension adjustment.
- Available with cog belts or V-belts based on customer preference.
- Optional labyrinth seals on bearing frame.
- Removable bearing cartridge for ease of maintenance.
- Hollow bore connection with drive collet eliminates need for coupling set.
- Easier to work on than typical belt drive mixers. No need for shimming or alignment. All connections are registered / piloted for concentric location.
- Mechanical seal designs with LEAK DETECTION ports in single or double configurations.
- Seal design is reliable in Gulf Coast applications as well as Northern Canada applications in oil sands.
- Power: 3HP – 250HP
- Shafts: 2.5” – 6.0”
- Speeds: 250 RPM – 480 RPM
- Seals: Packing with flush or mechanical seal (single or double)
Quick Start Guides
- All VFD Instructions
- All Electric Motor Instructions
- All Air Motor Instructions
- Flow Blade Installation Bolted PBT Impeller
- Flow Blade Installation Bolted PF3 Impeller
- Flow Blade Installation Bolted PV3 & PV4 Impeller
- Flow Blade Installation Bolted RP4 Impeller
- Flow Impeller Installation Side Entry Set Screw & Key