A great alternate to a helical vertical ribbon that is lower cost and easier to clean. When used in conjunction with correct tank baffle(s), the PS2 is great for high viscosity fluids, heat transfer, or delicate blending for low viscosity organic slurries. The design also promotes better top-to-bottom turnover on scrape wall agitation systems as opposed to traditional vertical sweep blades, resulting in faster blend times and better heat transfer. Additionally, the space between shaft and blades allows for secondary medium or high shear agitators to be added into the tank design. Bottom sweeps can also be added to provide additional fluid motion in tank dish and cone bottoms. Each configuration is custom designed for specific tank geometry, finish, materials, with add on items like bottom blades and fluid driven scrapers to meet process requirements.
- POWER NUMBER (NP) = VARIABLE, BASED ON FLUID RHEOLOGY
- FLOW NUMBER (NQ) = N/A (BLEND TIME CORRELATIONS GENERALLY USED)
- Flow Direction: Axial and some Tangential
- Diameters: 3” to 300”+, offered in integral shaft or bolted configurations
- Bores: Generally integral with shaft