One of the most popular designs associate with low shear high viscosity blending. When viscosity becomes so high that flow is extremely laminar, the helical flighting of the HR2 acts as a fluid conveyor to blend. Popular for blending high viscosity polymers that are shear sensitive. Standard pitch ratio of ½:1, with other pitch ratios available on request. Bottom sweeps can also be added to provide additional fluid motion in tank dish and cone bottoms. Each configuration is custom designed for specific tank geometry, finish, materials, with add on items like bottom blades and fluid driven scrapers (if PS2 is not an option) to meet process requirements.
- POWER NUMBER (NP) = VARIABLE, BASED ON FLUID RHEOLOGY
- FLOW NUMBER (NQ) = N/A (BLEND TIME CORRELATIONS GENERALLY USED)
- Flow Direction: Axial and some Tangential
- Diameters: 3” to 300”+, offered in integral shaft or bolted configurations
- Bores: Generally integral with shaft